Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Teen Sex Trafficking and the primary hub is Atlanta, Georgia

This subject really bothered me and I knew I had to research it and write about it. The other day I was watching Stolen Innocence on BET. There were a panel of speakers and they were discussing the problem with teen sex trafficking and how Atlanta is the primary hub for this crime. They spoke about the numerous strip clubs that exist in Atlanta and how many high paying people, including stars, frequent these strip clubs.

Sexual exploitation of OUR children right in our backyard is bothering to me. The facts about sex trafficking are startling. THE NUMBERS WILL SHOCK YOU! It is gut-wrenching, eye-opening, and heart-breaking.

The sex trade is currently exploiting 1 million children. The yearly profit of this black-market trade in human beings is $32 billion. Sex trafficking is currently the fastest growing criminal enterprise in the 21st century. With all the money the government spends on the War on Drugs...What about our innocent little GIRLS????

The U.S. State Department estimates that 244,000 American children and youth are at risk of sexual exploitation. The average age of children exploited is 14; however, children as young as 10 and 11 have been reported as victims (marietta.patch.com)

As I continue to do more research on this, I am astounded at how close to home this issue hits. They say that most teens caught up in the sex trade come broken homes and are usually runaways but through my research on the metropolitan area of Atlanta, I have found that a great number of these kids come from affluent neighborhoods and decent homes. This crime is not limited to kids from inner city Atlanta but some of them come from Marietta and Cobb County.

Tune in Live tomorrow to my radio show...Wednesday May 28, 2014 at 6:00 pm. www.blogtalkradio.com/evolvinglivesradio For further discussion on this topic.


No comments:

Post a Comment