Friday, March 23, 2012

My opinion on the Trayvon Martin case

It saddened me when I first heard about this case.  I was unsure why no one in the police dept seemed to be more concerned about the facts behind - what I think was a senseless killing.  I am so gratified to see that the local community and communities from across the US have joined together to see that justice is served.  This child could have been mine or yours and his parents love him just as much as we love our children and they deserve to have the facts examined and Trayvon deserves fairness.  It's sad that in the year 2012 we still have to wonder if race truly plays a part in certain situations but I am convinced that these issuses are still alive and just as prominent today as it was in the 60's, during the civil rights movement.  I heard Martin Luther King, III. speak at the rally for Trayvon and today he must continue the fight for equality that his father started.  Now, I am not going state whether I think race is an issue in this case, I just know that certain people in government are being passive-agressive about the incidents that occurred on that day when this young man was found dead.    Regardless, everyone should be treated fairly.  

To read more please click on the link http://photoblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/21/10799258-hundreds-march-in-support-of-trayvon-martin-family-in-miami-new-york?ocid=ansmsnbc11

No comments:

Post a Comment