Thursday, January 22, 2015

Loving Yourself Chronicles - Step 3





So on Facebook I gave you Steps 1 and 2 to Loving Yourself (Chronicles).

Step 1 - Telling yourself daily affirmations. Such as, God does not make mistakes, therefore I am BEAUTIFUL! 

Step 2 - Setting standards for your life and those that will occupy your space. Why? Standards show that you know your worth and it MAKES others respect it. In short, allowing any and everything from others - sends a signal that you do not love, respect, or honor yourself - therefore, you don't love you!




NOW, you may be asking who am I to speak to you about loving yourself. Well, let me tell you. I once did not love myself. I pretty much hated everything about myself. My life, my body, and my energy was negative, I didn't have standards set for others to respect because I did not UNDERSTAND my worth.

I KNEW I NEEDED A CHANGE IN MY LIFE!!! And, you know who that change had to begin with - ME! 




NOW, Step 3 - Loving yourself has NOTHING to do with what's on the outside and EVERYTHING to do with what's on the inside.

Let me explain. See, how you feel about yourself is reflected through your actions, behavior, and attitude.

You project how you feel about yourself by the way you treat others, the things you say about others, the way you value your relationships, and your overall attitude and behavior.

There is a PROCESS to learning to Love Yourself. It takes reflection. You must take the time to really look at yourself and your behavior. Then, you must take the time to look at the people in your life and their behavior. Our influences affect how we feel about ourselves as well. YOU MUST BE HONEST!!! This is something just between you and your God. So be honest in your reflection. 

ONCE, you have taken the time to reflect, now it's time to ask WHY?  Why do I not love myself? Why do I treat people the way that I do? Why am I self-destructing my relationships? AND, then you must decide to change!

As I said before, check the people in your life. Negative, messy, gossipy people play a factor in how you feel about yourself. Why? Because YOU ATTRACT WHAT YOU ARE!

So begin to evaluate those in your life and decide whether they are significant in your journey to loving yourself and if not, LET THEM GO!

PRAY, PRAY, PRAY!!! Prayer changes things, If you are serious about evolving and discovering the real you then you must stay in prayer. And, you need to work at this everyday. Begin by treating others how you would like to be treated. Be respectful, be polite, be giving, be apologetic, and be kind. It's amazing how you will begin to feel. It will become a feeling that you crave - meaning you will do it more often until it becomes a part of you. And guess what, you will find yourself - loving yourself!

I did it and I know you can too!!! But you have to want it!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment